WHAT WE NEED
The purpose of this role is to work alongside our team of top tier warehouse operatives in carrying out a range of stock-related duties, including the movement of inventory, loading palletised goods and transferring products between warehouse locations.
A goal-driven, detailed-oriented team player, you thrive on empowering your colleagues to improve on performance and seek continued improvement in your own work by striving to meet deadlines and aiming for ongoing operational efficiency in your role. You’re motivated by bolstering company growth through world class service and understand the pivotal role our warehouse team plays in consistently delivering and going the extra mile to meet our partners’ needs.
YOUR TOP-3 CORE STRENGTHS
- You’re driven to succeed in the face of deadlines, and you appreciate the value of a unified team effort in building a successful workplace.
- You manage workloads with consistency and a willingness to take on new ideas for the betterment of the company. You’re both self-initiated in your approach whilst maintaining an openness to the advice and guidance of others.
- You’re organised in your work and understand the importance of prioritising tasks according to operational needs.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Operating forklifts in a busy warehouse environment
- Safely picking and loading pallets of stock to and from warehouse racking areas
- Moving goods from storage areas to designated loading points
- Unloading deliveries of inventory and safely relocating them to storage areas
- Wrapping palletised goods to ensure their safe storage and delivery
- Use of manual and semi-automatic equipment to secure pallet loads
- Regularly checking and monitoring the forklift equipment for damages and faults
- Consolidating stock from incomplete pallets to best optimise warehouse racking space
- Operating in a health and safety-compliant manner throughout your shifts, ensuring legal practices are followed at all times
- Powered Pallet Truck
- Reach Forklft
Non-essential (full training will be provided):
- VNA (very narrow aisle)
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Monthly results-based bonus
- Holiday is 23 days + bank holidays per year
- Role reports to the Operations Director
- Direct reports will be Transport Manager, Warehouse Supervisor
Allpack is continually growing and this creates opportunities for salary and career progression by assuming additional responsibilities or by taking on more senior roles. Your readiness to seize these challenges as they arise will depend on your success in the role and on your appetite for fresh challenges.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Great working environment
- Supportive culture
- Flat hierarchy
- Opportunity to make a real impact in a growing company
Allpack are a fast growing and innovative packaging company based in Walsall in the West Midlands. 2019 was our 25th anniversary year and we are celebrating 25 years of continual growth. We are passionate about customer service and proud of our positive and creative culture. Our customers include national brands like Dunelm, Volvo and Wedgewood as well as thousands of regional and local businesses. Find out more at www.allpack.uk.com
Does this role sound like a good fit for you? Then click below to apply. We are looking forward to hearing from you!